I’m working really hard to master zippers as they are used in bagmaking…Is there a trick to adding pulls to zipper pieces cut from a roll? I tried poking each side in a few times without a tool and maiming a fork as a holder…both work, but neither feels efficient… Is their a magic formula I’m missing to getting both sides easily lined up and the pull on perfectly? (I confess that earlier, before I thought to ask here, I did order a little pink table top pronged thing thing that should definitely be a lot more efficient than what I’ve done so far…) I just feel like there is a proper process here I’m missing.
I use a fork when I add zipper pulls to zipper tape - no maiming required - and find that the best way is to have the fork somehow supported by a third party (a helper or a brace) so I can use both hands to feed the zipper evenly on both sides. I tried 3D printing a zipper jig that would attach to my table and serve the same purpose but our 3D printer hiccuped and the first attempt is useless, so I’ll have to try again. Your pink tool is probably similar and should be easier than a fork.