Loving the Stash Hub app [Anyone use it for non-sewing stash recording?]

I recently needed some screws for a diy project for my sewing room and was in the hardware store wondering if we had the right size already at home. I purchased some just in case, but felt like going home right away and cataloguing our screws into Stash Hub notions so that I would know what we already have! :grin:

Such an amazing app, I love it!

Has someone catalogued something not quite sewing related in their Stash Hub?

3 Likes

I use it for my machine embroidery patterns which isn’t quite as far away as diy notions :laughing:

4 Likes

I track my knitting yarn and circular needles - again not that far from sewing😊

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing. This is really fun to hear!

1 Like

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that makes sew much sense! love this!! i don’t use SH for anything off the beaten path yet but it is set up really well to be able to use it for other things… so clever. thanks for the idea!

1 Like

That’s a fantastic idea! How did you do this? Do you have some starting tips? I do have so much patterns for embroidery.. :see_no_evil_monkey:

I add them as patterns but classify the type as other and add a “embroidery design” tag.

2 Likes

How do you track it? I want to track some of the yarn I have.

I think I would put yarn under Notions and then divide it into different subtypes.

You can choose different units for size and quantity, and I think once you start adding your yarn, you’ll quickly figure out what works best for you. If you decide to change things later, you can easily do that using the Add Bulk option.

Just keep in mind that you can’t change everything in bulk mode.

1 Like

THANK YOU, I will try that.

1 Like

Hi

I put yarn under fabric with types Yarn and Sock Yarn.

I use the metres/length but add in the weight so a 100g of sock yarn is 1.0. After I’ve used some, I weigh the remainder and update the figure manually or do the maths do work out the amount I used and put it In the project as cut.

I started off putting it in Notions but at the time Notions didn’t really work for me. Notions has been improved since I tried that. You can now calculate used I think. (I don’t use Notions all that much.)

I’ve added my circular needles as Notions.

Hope this helps

1 Like