How I record BurdaStyle Magazine Patterns into StashHub App

[I originally posted this in the Facebook group on 28th May 2024 here https://www.facebook.com/share/p/15eC5Vz5ki/]

This is how I personally prefer to enter and record any patterns I either own, buy, or want (i.e. Wishlist) from BurdaStyle Magazines.

The patterns all have a 3-digit number, plus occasionally a letter too (for different views e.g. 121A + 121B).

The numbers are re-used over and over again, so in February 2024 you might have a “Blouse 105” , and then a month later in March you can get “Trousers 105”.

This can get confusing if you are not used to it :face_with_spiral_eyes::joy:!

The magazine uses simple wording to “name” patterns, e.g. “Peacoat Jacket”.

So, in the StashHub app I type the pattern name as follows: 𝐏𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐚𝐭 𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐭 #𝟏𝟏𝟑, 𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑

I record the name of the pattern 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐞𝐫 as 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐒𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞 (𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐞) - so I can immediately filter out the magazine patterns separately to the Burda or BurdaStyle paper envelope :envelope: patterns that I own.

For their social media BurdaStyle use :hash: 𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐬 in the following format (but remove the spaces :wink:)…

3digitnumber BurdaStyle MM YYYY

E.g.: #𝟏𝟏𝟑𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐒𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞𝟏𝟎𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑

I grab :framed_picture: images, line drawings etc. from their website www.burdastyle.uk or www.burdastyle.com to use.

You can also purchase PDF copies of the patterns from their sites too (if you didn’t already own the paper magazine).

Sometimes, I make myself a collage image :framed_picture: before uploading it to StashHub :smiling_face:.

(Be warned if searching for the magazine patterns on their websites - it’s not the best search function that they have :cry: and sometimes they change the pattern “name” on the website a little bit from what’s used on the printed magazine. But, the 3-digit number does remain the same.)

NOTE: For anyone unfamiliar with them - BurdaStyle Magazines is long time published monthly paper magazine that contains fashion editorial style images of patterns on models with printed patterns stapled into the central pages. (They’ve published special Kids, Plus Size and Easy issues etc. over the years too.) The patterns in the magazines are NOT to be confused with the Burda or BurdaStyle paper :envelope: envelope patterns - as those (whilst manufactured by the same parent company) are different and they have a very different numbering system.

I also use the numbering but the other way around
So YYYY-MM-(number and letter) burdastyle then the description
For the images I do it the same way These days the Magic URL is working quite well with the patters from the Burdastyle website as well.

Agree on the search function on the website Would love to be able to filter on fabric required

Good idea to use the number in the project name. Think I will do that too.
I love BurdaStyle patterns and have an annual subscription.